Guidelines for Submission
What Are We Looking For?
Pax et Bellum is looking for academic papers written in English, produced either on a bachelor’s or master’s level. We will publish approximately four papers between 3,000 and 5,000 words, and one paper between 8,000 and 10,000 words (references not included).
Recommended Academic Structure
– Abstract: 150 words or less, outline your research question and conclusion.
– Introduction: Present your research question, identify its relevance to the field, and formulate a thesis statement.
– Theory and Literature: Review the scholarly tradition in which your work is situated.
– Methodology: Define your terms, operationalize and defend your choice of variables, describe your causal mechanism, and construct your experimental framework. Highlight any theoretical advantages and potential weaknesses.
– Analysis: Interpret your data within the theoretical structure you provided.
– Conclusions: Summarize your findings, explain their relevance, and illuminate how analysis of your phenomena contributions to Peace and Conflict Studies.
– Bibliography: Cite your sources according to the Chicago Manual of Style. Include all works consulted.
– Author Biography: In approximately 100 words, present your name, university, degree, applicable work experience, and any other relevant information. For papers submitted by multiple authors, please clarify whether there is a main author or all authors contributed equally to the writing process.
– Submissions will be handled through the Submissions Officer to ensure a blind review process.
– Articles selected for potential publication will undergo a first round of peer review.
– Successfully peer-reviewed articles will be sent to Content Editors, and then Copy Editors.
– Articles will be put through a process of fact checking and citation verification.
– Layout Editors will compile and design the issue.
– The Journal will be distributed in printed copy and through the websites of Pax et Bellum and Uppsala University’s Department of Peace and Conflict Research.
– Contents: Title, author, abstract, paper, bibliography, short presentation of the author.
– Font and Spacing: Times New Roman, size 12, line spacing 1.5.
– Borders: Top and bottom 2.5cm, left and right 3cm (default).
*Please submit your paper in Word format instead of PDF.
Submit your paper to firstname.lastname@example.org.