Fight for Gamla Torget 3
Our goal is to retain access to a designated study area that is made available specifically for DPCR students as well as a room for the student organisations associated with DPCR (UPaD and Pax et Bellum).
As of the 12th of February 2020, the DPCR has been confronted by a proposal that all teaching halls and student areas at Gamla Torget 3 will be handed over from
More importantly, we, the DPCR students, would not be able to use the adjacent student areas any longer. In addition, this would also mean the loss of the room currently home to UPaD and Pax et Bellum.
What this would mean for us:
- Loss of study-space for the DPCR students.
- Loss of a collective DPCR identity and cohesion as a department which we have worked, developed and fought to retain for many years.
- Loss of our student organisation room used by UPaD and Pax et Bellum.
- We as DPCR students keep our current study areas. Instead, we propose the repurposing of the rooms located at the street entrance to Östra Ågatan 19 or the seminar rooms at Trädgårdsgatan 1 (TGG1) which are mostly unused. This way no study-areas would be affected and the number of rooms stays comparable.
- If our suggestion no. 1 is unfeasible, we propose the repurposing of seminar rooms at Trädgårdsgatan 1 (TGG1). At TGG1 there are many unused study-spaces. This building is currently part of the 5 buildings made available to the Faculty of Law. In essence, we demand these rooms to be designated as DPCR study-spaces, with a room available for UPaD and Pax et Bellum.
It is unacceptable to cram more students into the overcrowded study-areas at the DoG (Gamla Torget 6). We are happy to discuss further alternatives – as long as these include a provision for an exclusive and designated study-space for the DPCR students.
What you can do:
- Sign our petition!
- Come to our Protestfika to get informed! (20.02.20)
- Join us and receive your practical training in non-violent conflict resolution!
Your student organizations UPaD and Pax et Bellum.